use of K3BSA
BSA & ARRL
Direction's to SPARK
Fallen Tree takes
out 2 dipoles and
Many thanks to our host
for generously contributing space for this site.
Amateur Radio Club
is an ARRL Affilated Club.
The SPARK Lodge Amateur Radio Club is an organization of Scouts and Scouters
that provides program assistance to the Cradle of Liberty Council, Boy Scouts of America through amateur
radio and other aspects of science and technology.
Activities of the club include:
- Maintaining and operating K3BSA:
- as a home station at Camp Delmont on the Musser Scout Reservation;
- in portable operation from other locations where Scouts meet.
- Offering courses to help Scouts earn merit badges in the areas of science and
- Participating the the summer Cub/Parent weekend program.
- Sponsoring Venture Crew 599 dedicated to explorations in science and technology.
- Providing communication services at Scouting events.
Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Venturing, and Exploring units, as well as individuals and
other organizations, are welcome to visit SPARK Lodge (directions)
on Saturdays from 9 AM to 3 PM. Depending on the day's
activities and band conditions our control operators may invite you to "get on
the air." Anyone holding a valid amateur radio operators license issued by the
Federal Communication Commission will be invited to take part in operating and Staffing
In addition to site visits, the SPARK Lodge Amateur Radio Club provides special
services in several Scouting programs.
Use the links provided on this page to learn more about our club,
our station, and our programs.
Please feel free to contact us with your comments or to ask for
Enjoy your visit.
The Crew at K3BSA
Since September 23, 2010, visitors have viewed our Web site
from the following countries whose flag is pictured below: